Many small businesses are still not convinced that they need a website. The truth is, small business owners who don’t have a website in this day and age are missing out on huge opportunities. A small business needs to be online if it wants to reach customers and grow their customer base. In this post, we’re going to answer the question, do small businesses really need a website?
To do that, we are going to look at the small business website and the real benefits of having one today.
Small Business Website
First let’s take a quick look at what small businesses need in this day of age. For starters, they want an easy way to have their sites built without investing hours of time learning how to code or designing from scratch. They want to have access to the site to make last minute updates, if necessary. They want to increase their reach and their sales without the stress and hassle of figuring it out alone.
I have heard many business owners say that they don’t think they really need a website, but this is a small business’ worst nightmare. Without a website, you are like a business without a business card. Today, the website is one of the solidifiers for a legitimate business. Think of it, your audience spends a lot of their personal time online and they believe that one of the first things, a real business does, is set up a website. Without that you are telling them that you haven’t taken care of your business, so you won’t really be able to focus on helping them.
Your Business Could be Missing Out
The small business website offers all of the benefits they need without any drawbacks- it’s simple, easy to use, and should be apart of the small business budget. There are many companies out there that offer this service for extremely low rates and with no yearly fees or other hidden costs, but often times they leave the business owner the frustrating task of figuring out the website building process alone. We’ll talk more about getting help with your site later, but for now, I want you to understand that having a website is very important to the success of your small business.
If your small business does not have a website, you are missing out on potential customers who could be visiting your small business location and becoming loyal customers. This is how many small business owners are making money and booking appointments, while they sleep. Their website, when set up correctly can do the work of selling and booking with no continual effort from the business owner, and it does. It is very important that you get your own small business website or update the one you have, so that they can truly reach a larger audience.
All small businesses need a website. It is the perfect way to promote your business and get customers in the door without any risks or drawbacks. It provides your business with a platform to share its message, showcase products, and bring clarity about offered services. It tells your customers who you are, how you help them, and when they are ready, how to buy from you.
Small businesses that opt out of having their own website are also opting in to a future of small profits, small growth and small opportunity. While small wins matter, you don’t want to stunt the growth of your business. This is why it is important to realize that your business needs to have its own platform that it can control and freely share the values that are important to the company. It’s nice to have a social media outlet, where you can connect with your audience, but realize that you have no control over the traffic or longevity of that space, plus staying connected on social media requires continual, frequent action from you and your business.
Businesses that decide to create their own website, or have one built by a professional, are making the decision to invest in themselves and grow exponentially faster than those who don’t have one. A new business owner can meet customers on his or her terms without leaving home office, if they this is what they desire. They can set up online billboards that promote services and products, test new ideas, answers frequently asked questions, or that even send automatic quotes and booking calendars to visitors that request them.
Reasons to Have a Website
There are many reasons to have a small business website
A small businesses needs a website in order to:
– Be seen by potential customers, whether they are in an area where small businesses have a high turnover and small business owners need to be on the lookout for new clientele or not.
– Have their own platform that is controlled by them.
– Share values of the company with consumers so they know what they have to offer
- Offer potential customers ways to purchase services and products, regardless of the time of day or night
- Use the search engine and website topics (SEO) to bring in more customers through Google, Bing and other search engines.
- Provide a small business with an increased level of trustworthiness because they are looking after their online reputation and making their online presence a priority
- Increase your business exposure to new customers in the area. With so many small businesses popping up, it is becoming increasingly difficult for small businesses to get noticed. In this digital age, having a website will help you increase visibility and grow traffic on your site. You can include different types of content such as blog posts, videos, testimonials and much more.
- Websites are the number one way for small businesses to increase their credibility online
- Stand out and separate yourself from your competition with a website that engages and informs your audience, offering them the opportunity to get started with you at their leisure.
- Increase your customer base with an easy to use website that is mobile friendly and responsive design so it looks great on all devices. A small business can also include a blog or newsletter signup form the build an email community of prospects and customers that care about your product and/or service.
Company websites help to make businesses more relatable, understandable, and more accessible. They provide a way for companies to reach out to customers and for customers to find them. With the online world getting more competitive, small businesses have found that a company website is vital for keeping up with their competitors.
– In starting or growing your business should start with considering what you can offer your customer base and how to communicate your value to them. If you’re not sure where to start, make sure to schedule a discover call, so that we can set you up for a business audit. This will help you to gain clarity and direction.
Still, having a website will help you to clearly communicate what you offer and answer frequently asked questions for your customers.
Small businesses can use blog posts, social media sites, and videos to show off their work in a creative way rather than having to have brochures on the counter or give people printed pamphlets about what they do. If your business still likes printed forms of media, your website will work well for customers who would rather take the digital approach of learning from you.
Having a Website is a Good Thing
Overall, small business owners should not dread having a website. A small investment in time and money can bring significant results. When put into the correct perspective, you will realize that having a website will ultimately help you to reach your business goals and to grow your company, while keeping profitability at the forefront of your goals.
In short, the answer to the question is yes. Small businesses really do need a website to grow, remain visible, make consistent sales online and offline, and stay connected to their audience.
If you have any questions about building your website and want to learn more, make sure to send us a message or schedule a complimentary consultation to decide how we can help you with your website needs, in your business.
Leave a Reply